Akhlaq around the Madressa (including Bullying)
At the Madressa we expect all our students to behave appropriately with the best Akhlaq at all times. Remember you are responsible for your own behaviour!
“There is no personal merit more useful than good manners”
[Imam Ali (as): Bihar al-Anwar]
Unacceptable Akhlaq is as follows:
- Running in corridors or between classrooms
- Possessing an offensive weapon
- Damaging property
- Bullying [see below
- Selling goods
- Possessing, distributing or using illegal drugs
What is Bullying?
- Bullying is UNACCEPTABLE
- Bullying is ANY ACTION that which HURTS or THREATENS another person physically, mentally or emotionally
- Bullying is being UNFRIENDLY, EXCLUDING PEOPLE or TEASING
- Bullying is PUSHING, HITTING, NAME CALLING or SPREADING RUMOURS
- Bullying is MISUSING THE INTERNET, EMAILS, SMS, MEDIA MESSAGING, SOCIAL MEDIA or any other electronic interface
What to do if you are or you know someone who is being bullied:
- You must always speak to an adult – either a teacher, parent or member of the Madressa administration, who will be willing to help.
- Know that any bullying incident is treated in the strictest of confidence and will be dealt with both quickly and appropriately.