Events & BBQ Day: Sunday 22nd June 2014
Registration for the Events & BBQ day is now closed. We will not be able to accept further registrations and we will not accept new registrations on the day as we are required to provide upfront numbers to the external company that will be managing the activities on the day including the caterers.
Any pending payments for adults for the BBQ must be settled by Sunday 22nd June 2014.
Below are a few instructions for Events & BBQ Day for those who have registered:
Please ensure your children are on time for the Events Day starting at 9:45am at Stanmore site.
- Parents/Guardians are welcome to come and stay for the Events Day and enjoy with their children while they enjoy the bouncy castles and rides.
- Will be in the Rugby fields. Please drop your children directly in the Rugby Fields at the far end by the Club House where there will be volunteers waiting for them.
- children should be collected by 1:00pm sharp from the ladies main hall.
Boys Classes 5-11 will be on the Rugby Grounds. Please drop your child directly on the grounds by 9:45am.
Girls Classes 5-11 will be in the Main Car Park inside the centre.Please go directly to the main car park at 9:45am.
- Boys - T-shirt and jogging bottoms or long trousers
- Girls - Must observe proper Hijab and come in jogging bottoms or trousers and a long top. - Parents/Guardians to observe Hijab at all times
BBQ: Please collect your ticket from the respective ticket stations. Gents station will be outside near the gents entrance and Ladies will be inside the Ladies entrance. Both stations will operate from 12.30pm to 1.15pm. Please settle any pending payments on the day. All children in class 5+ will be given their ticket as they line up for the BBQ.
We hope you all have a fun filled Events Day!!
Darul Qur'an Classes
The Qur'an department will be hosting a structured course on Social Interaction Ethics for girls aged 18- 25 years by Sister Madiha Makki during the month of Ramadhan. For further details please click here.
Parent Consultation Board - Final reminder
The Shia Ithna’asheri Madressa recognises that parents are children's first and most enduring educators. It is for this reason we are seeking to increase parental engagement with Madressa Administration through the formation of a Parent Consultation Board (PCB) which to start off with, we are looking for 6 parents, 3 gents and 3 ladies.
The 2 main functions of the PCB would be to:
1) Act as a liaison body between all Parents and the Madressa Administration Team
2) Plan and co-ordinate activities that will foster effective parental involvement in the Madressa
If you are interested, please kindly register your interest by emailing email@example.com completing the below details by latest Sunday 22 June. Along with your details, kindly include a sentence or two as to what you can bring to the PCB in terms of expertise, advice, suggestions.
Please note, current Madressa volunteers, or family member within same household of Madressa volunteers are not eligible to apply.
We are greatly looking forward to increasing our engagement with parents and inshaAllah developing the Madressa even further for the benefit of the children of our community.
Complete the below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have child(ren) in the following classes:
I would like to be part of the Madressa PCB because: External Messages
Give Something Back:
The Milton Keynes Jamaat has launched a campaign for Mahe Ramadhan called 'Give Something Back'. To read more about the campaign please click here.