CoEJ: Neuro-Psychology of Learning (NPL) Program - 16-17 July, 2016
The CoEJ Spiritual Academies Network (SAN) has requested we communicate the below to all our teachers.
I am writing to invite you to our forthcoming Neuro-Psychology of Learning (NPL) program.
This exciting 2 day program aims to help madrasah teachers understand themselves and their students better so that they are able to positively engage and inspire the next generation.
At the end of this two day program, participants will have:
· Experienced a comprehensive self-assessment covering key psychological frameworks involved in learning
· Reviewed in detail the learning needs, energies and thinking approaches for different students
· Identified the inherent strengths and challenges they might face as a teacher based on their needs, energy and thinking approach
· Learned how to adapt their style to teach more effectively
· Established an action plan to apply these skills and techniques in everyday situations
Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th July 2016
DE Vere Venues, Harben, Tick ford Street, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire MK16 9EY
Please note that this is an intensive 2 day program and participants have to commit to attending both days from start to finish. We will start at 9 AM and aim to finish by 7:30 PM on both days.
There is no fee for attending this program. All meals and course materials will be provided. Participants are requested to cover their travel cost to the venue and back home. This is a residential program and overnight accommodation will be provided on Saturday 16th July 2016.
Demand for these programs is usually very high and participants are requested to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Br. Aly Nasser at email@example.com
Hujjat Eid Fair 2016 - Volunteers Needed
The Hujjat Team is hosting an Eid Fair on Sunday 17th July, 2016 from 11:00AM - 4:00PM and is looking for volunteers to assist at the stalls.
For each activity that is selected, you have to source the equipment, however if you require assistance please do not hesitate to ask.
Please click here to view a list of the stall names and timing slots available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a stall and time slot that you will assist in and we will then forward your names to the Hujjat Team.
Kindly email us by Sunday 26th June, 2016.
Looking forward to another successful Eid Fair with your continued support.
Child Welfare - Working with Fathers
The child welfare coordinator has requested we communicate details of the following course from the Harrow Safeguarding Children Board. The link to sign up for this course is provided below.
‘Working with Fathers’
This is a seminar to develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with fathers including exploring and developing strategies to engage with fathers. Aims:
· Develop the confidence, knowledge and skills to work effectively with fathers;
· Explore and develop strategies to engage with fathers;
· Consider learning from local and national learning lessons and serious case reviews re the role of fathers.
· Why fathers are so important to children;
· Barriers to positive father-child engagement in families where mum and dad are together, and where they are not;
· The personal and cultural issues which shape our perceptions of men/fathers.