Staff Dress Code
Within the Madressa, all staff must adhere strictly to the dress code, outlined below.
- Trousers with a long-sleeve shirt, jumper or similar or a Khanzu
- If not wearing a Khanzu (or other similar cultural attire), gents are requested to adopt either smart business casual clothing (smart clothing suitable for a work environment) or formal business clothing
By having a slightly more ‘formal’ dress code, it can positively support the Madressa environment in creating a more formal environment with boundaries that can be perceived by students and our peers. It doesn’t and isn’t aimed to take away from building relationships but ensures that there is a clear distinction between staff and students.
- Loose, dark coloured, closed Abaya/Chadar and correctly observed Hijab
- Make-up should not be visible
- Nail varnish should not be worn
- Minimal or discrete jewellery
Please click here to download the ruling of his Eminence, Al-Sayyid Al-Seestani (may Allah[swt] lengthen his life).
Please click here to view a guideline on Gender Interaction as per the guidance of Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi.
You are a role model for the students at the Madressa. They will observe how you dress, talk, and even communicate with other staff members and students. Be a positive influence and good example for our future leaders.